Friday, November 5, 2010

revisions


At the beginning of the quarter, the revision process was difficult  for me. I came from a high school where very seldom we were assigned papers to write. When papers were assigned they were at max three pages, you could copy and paste the whole thing, and the teacher would give you an A and nominate you for student of the month. However, In college if I copy and pasted anything I might as well start filling out McDonalds apps now. I find it hard sometimes to reach the entire length required for my papers. Sometimes I have said all that I have to say in two pages but the minimum is four pages so my papers start off strong but begin to fall apart towards the end. My Instructor's comments make sense it's just a little frustrating when you work really hard on a paper only to find out that it's all wrong. One thing I do enjoy about the drafting process is that rather than just turning in one final paper we have multiple chances to make corrections so that our final draft will be as close to perfect as possible. Overall my writing has improved and I accredit drafting and revision for making that possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers