Friday, November 5, 2010

Holloween time


      Holloween is a relatively fun holiday, ofcourse I enjoyed it more when i was a child but I still make it tradition to dress up and watch The Great Pumpkin. Speaking of pumpkins, my very first holloween I was a pumpkin a very cute pumpkin if i might add but sadly I do not have access to the pictures at this time so you'll have to just take my word for it. Other costumes i remember were a clown, hippie, and black cat but the costume thats remains most vivid in my mind is the witch. From second to fifth grade every year I was a witch. This was largely due to me watching the Holloween movie series on the Disney channel, the main character was a witch and I thought she was the coolest. My mom bought me a real witches broom, or atleast I thought it was real. Nevertheless, I was riding around on it like it came strait from the hands of the wicked witch of the West. Movies played a big role in my holloweens as a child, films such as The Wizard of Oz, Thriller,The Great Pumpkin, and Hocus Pocus graced our television every year around this time.
In recent years I have traded in my candy bag for a bowl of candy, passing it out to those younger than myself and sometimes older. I never quite understood why some adults still feel obligated to trick or treat. However I'm not going to rain on there parade since its all in the spirit of holloween.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers